Many believe that all business phone service providers are alike, even people who diligently shop around for the best provider at the best price for personal use.
In fact they are not, so here’s the important basics you need to choose the right company for your business’ needs:
- Do not use an internet carrier for your phone lines (exception: low priority fax and alarm lines) because:
– Internet providers monthly costs for phone lines will be higher than most other carriers
– If the Internet carriers infrastructure goes down your service could be out for days
– Internet carriers are great at providing internet – they are not phone companies
- Do not use a company with less than $50M in financial resources, meaning they have
– Technical teams that work 24/7/365
– Separate divisions for support, new service, phone number transitions, software R&D, etc.
- Check to ensure the company has a good record of consistently high quality customer service – don’t take their word for it
- Phone equipment products will include top of the line equipment by Polycom, Yealink and Panasonic:
– Other manufacturers’ phone products we have found to be lesser quality
- True cloud based hosted phone service products will not require intermediary equipment other that the internet modem and possibly Ethernet switches: make sure the one you choose complies with this.
If you still have questions or want help finding the right phone service company, we’re glad to help. Call us: 813-276-1666. Ext 115; or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org